Planning Meeting (at least 10 weeks before gallery reception)
- Meet with a board member and your co-exhibitors to check in progress
- Determine space requirements and limitations for each artist
- Assign tasks to involved artists. Who will…?
- Create an inventory list
- Write artist’s statement
- Design your website image, flyer, poster, Instagram, and facebook banner.
- Distribute flyers and posters
- Write a press release/contact media
- Schedule a day to set up in the gallery (usually 3 days prior to your show opening)
Distribute Information - 6 weeks before gallery reception
- Email to Jamie and Miroslava including:
- Flyer and poster design for printing
- Email to Miroslava including:
- Marketing Images for social media (1920px x 1080px for facebook, 1080px x 1080px for Instagram)
- Blog post for the website
- Email to Chris Madsen and Jamie with set up time and date so they can arrange for volunteers
- Email to Desarae with square marketing image to be included in the monthly email blast
Market Your Show! (0-4 weeks before gallery reception)
- Write and submit a press release! (the DAC keeps a list of local media outlets; 2-3 weeks prior is an ideal time to send this out)
- Market on social media
- Invite people to the DAC facebook event
- Make your own facebook event and invite all your friends
- Post the event to local facebook groups (salt lake artists, salt Lake emerging art professionals, artists of salt lake, etc.)
- Post the event on your blog, Instagram, Twitter, website, etc.
- Distribute your flyers and posters (DAC has a running list of places that will allow you to post)
- Send event info out to your client list
- Talk about the event with your friends and family
- Creative marketing ideas are encouraged (guerilla marketing, etc.)
Last Minute Details (1 week before set up)
- Email to Jamie including:
- Inventory list so she can make tags for your art
- Artist statement for printing
- Email Amy with any food or drink requests
Show Set Up—up to 3 days prior to show opening
- All exhibiting artists are required to be present to help hang their show.
- Jamie and Chris have the final say on what goes in the show and where
- Please be careful moving furniture around our floor, it scratches easily
Show Reception—third Friday of the month!
- Arrange staffing for sales
- Leave the gallery clean after the reception
- Floor swept, counter and tables wiped down, etc.
- Trash emptied if full, replace liner
- Do any dishes you used
After the Show
- Set a day to break down your show and pick up your art. (Usually the Monday prior to the next show opening but can be arranged for the weekend)
- Leave the gallery clean after break down
- Floor swept and mopped
- Take out and clean up any nails or hanging hardware