How to Host a Workshop with the Downtown Artist Collective
APPLY (At least 5 weeks before)
Contact Alexanna Wonder at firstname.lastname@example.org with your idea for a workshop and thoughts on days and times that you would like to hold it.
Once Alexanna approves your workshop, fill out the workshop worksheet.
MARKET (0-4 weeks before)
Market the hell out of your workshop!
- Event will be on Facebook and available for purchase on DAC Website within 1 week after it is submitted
- Invite people to the Facebook event
- Post the event to local Facebook groups (Salt Lake Artists, Salt Lake Emerging Art Professionals, Artists of Salt Lake, etc.) and continue posting every week or so
- Design and print flyers and posters
- Write and submit a press release (the DAC keeps a list of local media outlets and emails that are available upon request)
- Post the event on your blog, Instagram, Twitter, Website, etc
- Send the workshop info out to your client list
- Talk about the workshop to your friends and family
CONTACT STUDENTS (at least 24 hours before workshop)
- Alexanna will provide you with a form email and a list of students and their email addresses. Feel free to freestyle your own email but make sure that it includes:
- Date and time of the workshop
- DAC’s address (258 E 100 S)
- Parking options (weekends they can park behind the building in any non-Nostalgia spot, otherwise there is 2-hour paid parking along 100 south and 2-hour free parking along 300 east)
- Reminder of any materials students need to bring
- Make and follow a lesson plan (I promise it will help)
- Arrive at least 15 minutes early to set up
- Please make a list of who is present and collect email addresses from any walk-ins
- Leave the gallery how you found it
- All furniture and displays moved back to original position
- Floor swept, counter and tables wiped down, etc.
- Trash emptied if full, replace liner
- Do any dishes you used
- Send an email to Alexanna that details:
- How many students showed up (DAC Members vs. Non)
- Any new email addresses you collected
- How the payments should break down if there was more than one instructor
- If you prefer to pick up your check or to have it mailed (include mailing address)
- The gallery takes a 30% commission on sales of all workshops taught by non-DAC members, a 15% commission for all workshops taught by DAC members, a $10 fee for non-profit workshops that are not led by a DAC member, and a $5 fee for non-profit workshops that are led by a DAC member.
- Alexanna will send out an evaluation email after each workshop or series of workshops. Results of the evaluations will be available upon request.
Alexana will send out an evaluation email after each workshop or series of workshops. Results of the evaluations will be available upon request.